The newly formed Massachusetts Education Justice Alliance (MEJA) will be leading a week of action across the state in early June. Comprised of grassroots community groups and labor organizations across the state, MEJA is working with their local affiliate, the Boston Education Justice Alliance (BEJA), to take a stand against the overuse of standardized testing and to fight for student and teacher rights. They will be taking action on social media, contacting legislators, speaking out in theircommunities, and attending an Education Committee meeting.
The "Less Testing, More Learning!" week of action runs from June 8 through June 12 and includes the following events:
- Monday, June 8: “Less Testing, More Learning” sticker day
- Tuesday, June 9: Contact Your Legislator Day
- Wednesday, June 10: Social Media Day and PARCC hearing day
- Thursday, June 11: Public Speak-Out Day
- Friday, June 12: Union Solidarity Day
The Education Committee meeting will take place on Thursday, June 11th. That same day, BEJA will be launching their new campaign, "The Schools Our Communities Deserve." You can find more details about the week here.