Below are the organizations, studies and data you can consult for information on the opportunity gap and the negative impact it has on the ability of of every child to have access to a quality education.
- Alliance for Excellent Education http://all4ed.org/
- Lumina Foundation www.luminafoundation.org
- National Council of La Raza www.nclr.org/index.php/issues_and_programs/education
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) http://www.oecd.org/topic/0,3699,en_2649_37455_1_1_1_1_37455,00.html
Studies and Reports
- Education Week Editorial Project - "Diplomas Count 2011"
- Education Law Center - "Is School Funding Fair? A National Report Card"
- The Schott Foundation for Public Education - "The Urgency of Now: The Schott 50-State Report on Public Education and Black Males"
- Child Trends DataBank www.childtrendsdatabank.org
- KIDS Count datacenter.kidscount.org
- Pew Economic Mobility Project www.economicmobility.org
- ProPublica's Opportunity Gap Analysis projects.propublica.org/schools
- U.S. Department of Education's Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC) http://ocrdata.ed.gov/